Thursday, April 17, 2008

San Diego Surf Trip


To any readers out there, I'm sorry for the lack of posts in the last couple months. I just got back from a surf trip to San Diego and I'm ready to start posting again, so please keep reading.


San Diego Surf - the waves were not good, but here's where I went and what I'd recommend. This is my third surf trip out there, so I'm getting a bit more knowledgeable:


Pipes and Suckouts in Cardiff - good reef breaks that can get pretty fast on a good W swell. Suckouts is especially challenging since its a very steep face that walls up quickly out of nowhere. It was pretty crowded here, but there are a few peaks to both sides.


La Jolla/Scripps - this is a great beach break that's easy for anyone to learn on, as well as a superb place to hang out on the shore. Just paddle out and grab any wave you can - nothing challenging, just a solid spot.


Del Mar Rivermouth - the waves were very mushy when I was here, but on a good NW swell it becomes a long, powerful right tube.


No comments: